Thursday, April 5, 2007

Blogger Introduction and Commentary

First of all, let me construe my gratitude for being able to try out this new format for the Daily Opinion section. I hope this section becomes as popular as the ISD website and helps better serve the students in an Opinion-y sort of way. I plan to add a bit of depth to my column as needed and also post some links, information, and commentary relevant to the student body.

As a side note this week: I'm not going to add to the commentary about Abel Bolanos, as I'm sure everyone is experiencing this week in different ways. I'd like to encourage students who are having a hard time to seek some helpful counseling. ISU has a lot of services available for your needs, so don't be afraid to come forward and help yourself.

Bit of BC Commentary
The Daily has recently printed both an article and column about rising prices of oral contraception. The printed information was a bit despairing to the constituency, and there weren't many other options listed to help students be safe. In the interest of responsibility (as I do write about sexual issues a ton)- if you're feeling the drain on your wallet, feel free to check out other options here.

Weekly Column
As always, feel free to leave commentary. If you have an issue with it that you'd like addressed by me or discussed (as opposed to just pointed out in the online edition) please leave a comment on the blog.

As a P.S. to today's column: People, if you want someone to move, ask. It's come to my attention that smokers aren't aware when they're bothering you - and in hindsight I've never been asked to move either. Speak up.

Better commentary to come as I get used to the Blog.

No comments: